Several years ago, the Journaling Sage, my sister Shannon and I each created videos about the range of journals we had going and how we used them. We called it the Journal Showdown. Since then, I’ve really refined what I use so I thought it would be fun to do an updated version. I’d love for you to play along!
A Summary of My Current Journals
- My Personal Journal (Moleskine Classic Notebook, Hard Cover, Large (5″ x 8.25″) Ruled/Lined)
- My Everything Book (LEUCHTTURM1917 Medium A5 Dotted Hardcover Notebook) These actually last almost half a year. I tend to use a Fuschia one for Spring-Summer and a Navy one for Fall-Winter.
- My Studio Yearbook (http://www.jamieridlerstudios.ca/the-studio-yearbook)
- My Commonplace Book (LEUCHTTURM1917 Medium A5 Dotted Hardcover Notebook)
- My Studio Journal (Moleskine Classic Notebook, Hard Cover, Large (5″ x 8.25″) Ruled/Lined)
- Project Journals (Accordion Journals – see below)
- Sketchbook (Moleskine Cahier Journal, Plain)(These pages do bleed through a bit so they are not the perfect sketchbook but they have suited my purposes.)
I didn’t mention in the video but before I started making the accordion journals, I used Moleskine Cahiers for projects. They come in a set of three and I always purchase the Kraft Paper ones and put a sticker or image on the front to indicate what project it is for.
Mentioned on the Journal Showdown
- Shannon Ridler
- The Journal Sage (no longer posting)
- Amy T. Won
- Pamela Zagerenski
- Carla Sonheim
- Accordion Journal by Arzu Mistry
Join the Studio
If you’ve been looking for a place to fill your creative well, to discover your creative self, to stretch your creative wings, Jamie Ridler Studios is here for you.
When you sign up, you will get a 10% discount on all classes and access to abundant free resources such as Studio Forum recordings on topics such as Journaling, Creative Habits & Challenges! Plus you will receive a weekly email love letter and occasional announcements for courses and offerings.