These piles on my desk reflect my creative life:
- The yarn is my current attempt at relearning knitting.
- The golden hook is my diving into the deep end with learning to knit cables (crazy!)
- The hook and the corner rounder are from my first ever trip to Michaels.
- I used the corner rounder for my Inner Alchemy cards, which are pictured too.
- The camera is full of Cats in the Hood pictures.
- The L’Oreal Balm and this whole setup is because I took the pic before filming stART: Creating as We Go with my sisters.
- My 2014 vision cards are there in the corner, guiding my way.
- In front of them I see my beautiful elephant sculpture, sent to me from Jill Salahub, who I was delighted to have on my podcast recently.
One little instagram photo; a snapshot of my life.
Take a look around and take a photo or draw a picture that tells a story of your life in this moment. What’s on your desk? On your nightstand? In your fridge? What reflects this moment in time for you?
One little instagram photo; inspiration to create a life.
Not only does this practice encourage us to pay attention to the present moment but it can also invite us to consider what we would love the next moment to hold. What would you love to be in your snapshots this time next year? Next month? Next week? This afternoon?
Invite it in, step by step, choice by choice. Before you know it, you’ll find yourself with snapshots of a life you love.