This podcast is 28:00.
Brené Brown, author & researcher
Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past ten years studying vulnerability, courage, authenticity, and shame. Brené spent the first five years of her decade-long study focusing on shame and empathy, and is now using that work to explore a concept that she calls Wholeheartedness.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent & Lead
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power
- Brené mentioned her PBS Special, The Gifts of Imperfection: Living with Courage, Compassion and Connection.
Subscribe to Creative Living with Jamie…
- You can subscribe to Creative Living with Jamie here and also on iTunes (Note: this link will ask to access your iTunes and then take you to the podcast. You can also simply open iTunes and search for “Creative Living with Jamie)
Connect to Creative Living with Jamie…
- You can email your feedback, questions and suggestions to Jamie.
Brené Brown: Why Your Critics Aren’t the Ones that Count
Join the Studio
If you’ve been looking for a place to fill your creative well, to discover your creative self, to stretch your creative wings, Jamie Ridler Studios is here for you.
When you sign up, you will get a 10% discount on all classes and access to abundant free resources such as Studio Forum recordings on topics such as Journaling, Creative Habits & Challenges! Plus you will receive a weekly email love letter and occasional announcements for courses and offerings.