In the Studio with Jamie: Collage Materials & Tools
Being familiar with the tools and supplies for an art form gives every artist, beginner and experienced, confidence and ground on which to grow. When I enrolled in a collage intensive at art school, I was delighted to not only get a detailed list of required supplies but also to receive guidance on how to use them. We even had a whole demonstration just on adhesives! In this first In the Studio with Jamie video, I share with you everything I learned at art school about the tools and materials you need for collage.
Prefer to Watch in Segments?
Because I do share everything, this has turned into a long-ish video and so I thought it might be helpful to break it down into smaller sections for those of you who would rather watch a bit at a
time. Please let me know if this was useful.
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 1: Intro
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 2: Cutting
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 3: Gluing
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 4: Supports
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 5: Sources
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 6: More Ways to Play
- Collage Materials and Tools Part 7: Bonus Tip & Wrap Up
More of This?
Over the past year I have had the joy of creating art journaling/visual journaling classes for both 21 Secrets at Dirty Footprints Studio and Spectrum at Hali Karla Arts. I’d love to know if this is something you’d like to see here at Jamie Ridler Studios.