Every weekday morning I invite you Behind the Scenes at my studio.
Today: The Artist Date is one of the core practices recommended by Julia Cameron in The Artist’s Way. Today I share all about mine: what I took, what I did and where it led me.
Mentioned on Today’s Show
- My brother Jason
- Julia Cameron, author of The Artist’s Way
- What Julia Cameron says about Artist Dates
- Natalie Goldberg
- Natalie’s Living Color: Painting, Writing, and the Bones of Seeing
- My podcast, Creative Living with Jamie (Here’s the episode with Natalie)
- Alessandra Cave
- Alessandra’s: Shooting with Soul: 44 Photography Exercises Exploring Life, Beauty and Self-Expression – From film to Smartphones, capture images using cameras from yesterday and today.
- Osho Zen Tarot
Plus… Today’s Good Morning Garden!
I thought you might enjoy them here too.
And.. My Poem
Scraping my knuckles
as I wrestle weeds from
between the stones in our drive,
I aspire to be
like the old men I see
tending their front lawn
like a meditation
not a chore
Join the Studio
If you’ve been looking for a place to fill your creative well, to discover your creative self, to stretch your creative wings, Jamie Ridler Studios is here for you.
I’d love for you to be a part of the studio, to have a sanctuary for your creative explorations. Let me welcome you in.