Aching to Create but Getting Nowhere?
Do you have piles of creative projects that you’re excited about but just never get to?
Have you signed up for a great creative class (or, let’s be honest, classes) but not gotten around to doing a lesson?
Are your cupboards loaded with crafting and art supplies waiting to be turned into something magical?
Do you try and set aside time to create and then constantly find yourself giving in to the demands of the day?
Does it feel kind of lonely to do it on your own?
Wouldn’t it be awesome to pull your creativity off the shelf and get it into the studio?
Wouldn’t it rock to play with colour & words & yarn & paint & whatever else tickles your fancy and to do it with friendly folk, having fun, sharing and creating over cups of tea?
Wouldn’t it be a blessing to have time for you, nowhere to go and nothing to do but play, create and remember that you, in your heart of hearts, are an artist.
Join me for the Art Day Virtual Retreat and we’ll do just that!
When: Saturday, March 21st, 2015, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
This is right on the heels of our transition into the spring. What better time to bring your creativity to life! And if you’re working all week, this is just the way to start your weekend right! I know that whenever I give myself time for Art Day I arrive in the next week refreshed and ready to go!
You don’t have to travel to be a part of a gorgeous community of creative, friendly people! No flight to book. No hotel expense. No arriving exhausted or stressed out about where you are or where you’re going!
Get a good night’s sleep, grab a cup of coffee and meet me and a group of fabulous fun creatives live online! (You can even wear your pyjamas; I won’t tell!)
What We’ll Do
This retreat gives you enough structure to feel supported and focused plus enough freedom to follow your own creative energy and flow.
- Connect: We’ll gather together in the morning, connecting to one another and to our creative hearts.
- Share: We’ll share our greatest creative challenges – and how we deal with them!
- Get Inspired: We’ll do some playful creative warm-ups to get the juices flowing and the energy going!
- Create: You’ll bring your own creative activity or project to the retreat, something you’ve been aching to do – your knitting, your art journal or one of those many classes you’ve signed up for – and finally, blissfully dive in.
- Learn: Creating is transformational! I’ll guide you through a process of gathering the shifts and insights that show up during your creative time.
- Continue: You’ll have access to the Art Day recording for the rest of the season. You can return to the retreat again and again, whenever you need to fill your creative well.
- A spot in the Virtual Retreat – live with me – on March 21st.
- The opportunity to share your creative challenges and get encouragement and support from others who get it – including me.
- Dedicated time to devote to your creativity – no new commitments, just time to actually do what you want to do!
- Journal questions that will support you in gathering the learning whenever you engage in creativity.
- A retreat recording you can return to again and again.
- An experience you’ll remember!
Why It Matters
Our lives are our studios. Devoting time and energy to our creative hearts awakens us to ourselves, our creative capacity and our life. Great magic is possible when you know that you can create. The distance between creating a sweater, a painting, a dance or a poem and creating your life and your dreams is really no distance at all.
About Me & Art Day
Whether you’re new to the studio or are a dear and familiar friend, I’m so glad you’re here and considering joining me for this Art Day retreat. I’ve been hosting lively, welcoming creative communities online for years! I’ve helped hundreds of women step into their creative lives with courage and confidence, grounded in who they are and what they love. As a creative who makes a regular practice of Art Day, I have experienced first hand the way it nourishes my heart, mind and spirit and keeps me present to myself and my artistic journey. I know it will do the same for you.
Studio Art Day: Saturday March 21
Where: Online – and in your creative space!
When: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm EST (plus access to the recording!)
(Psst… Join the studio and you’ll find a discount in the weekly newsletter)
- Do I have to be an artist to participate? Only in the sense that every human being is an artist. If you come with a desire to create and something to work on, you’re in the right place.
- What kind of project can I bring? Anything that stirs your creative heart and that you really want to work on. You could spend the retreat writing poetry, crocheting, planning your garden, collaging, stringing beads, cake decorating, creating choreography. If you feel attached to completing something during our time together, it should be something you could do within 2.5 hours.
- What if I don’t know what to do? Spend the time between now and the retreat having a wonderful time exploring! Check out YouTube tutorials, cool projects on Pinterest, free classes at Creativebug, art and craft books from your library. Part of the fun is deciding what it is you’d like to create. If you have an idea but feel unsure about it, email me. I’m happy to give you feedback.
- Do I have to attend for the whole day? Part of the power of retreat is that it is a focused period of time. This serves as a magical container that signals your creative heart that you are showing up and ready to play! What I’d ask is that you make the most loving commitment you can and while you are in retreat, be there fully.
- What if I can’t attend live? The recording will be available within 24 hours of the live event and you’ll be able to go through the entire process at a time that works for you. You’ll have email access to me if you have any questions or want to share what the experience is like for you.
Other questions? Email me.
Join the Studio
If you’ve been looking for a place to fill your creative well, to discover your creative self, to stretch your creative wings, Jamie Ridler Studios is here for you.
When you sign up, you will get a 10% discount on all classes and access to abundant free resources such as Studio Forum recordings on topics such as Journaling, Creative Habits & Challenges! Plus you will receive a weekly email love letter and occasional announcements for courses and offerings.