On Tuesdays I invite you Behind the Scenes at my studio.
Today: It’s been a couple of weeks but I am back with a BTS. As we come to the end of spring, we are in the midst of not only a global pandemic but also the rise of the largest civil rights protest in the world in response to the killing of George Floyd. As you know, since blackouttuesday I muted my own feed while amplifying black voices in my Instagram stories. I have spent this time – and will continue to spend time – listening, learning and taking action, step by step. I’ve been sharing in my newsletter, on Instagram and now, here with you.
Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- The Genesis of the Unmuted Project My Gift to My Melanated Art Sisters Part 1 and My Gift to Amplify Part 2
- To the Melanated Art Sisters: I See You How to Amplify: Unmuted: Amplify Part 1 and Unmuted: Amplify Part 2
- Discover the Artists: @queenpreneur’s stream is filled with post after post of the Melanated Art Sisters she is featuring.
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi (currently reading)
- Artist Danielle Coke created a 3-part Instagram series: Upward, Inward and Outward. The first part is geared towards the Christian community and the remaining two are for a general audience. The second video, Inward, contained insight that I will carry with me for a lifetime.
- White Women Who Truly Want to Help: Here’s How by Ivirlei Brookes, a business mentor for creatives
- How to Use Your Privilege for Good video by Andréa Ranae Johnson
- Blogger Ayana Lage’s video What’s the Point of Posting Publicly in Support of #BlackLivesMatter? (Is it just virtue signaling?)
- 10 Steps for Non-Optical Allyship Instagram post by Mireille Charper
- For White People Who Are Asking, What Can You Do IGTV video by Light Watkins
Join the Studio
If you’ve been looking for a place to fill your creative well, to discover your creative self, to stretch your creative wings, Jamie Ridler Studios is here for you.
When you sign up, you will get a 10% discount on all classes and access to abundant free resources such as Studio Forum recordings on topics such as Journaling, Creative Habits & Challenges! Plus you will receive a weekly email love letter and occasional announcements for courses and offerings.